SRK — the entertainer

Article by Ranjini Haridas

I honestly believe I have a great job. I’m probably one of the lucky few who loves everything about work. The timing, the travel, the people and everything! It also gives me the rare opportunity to work with some of the biggest names of our country. A job perk!

I thought I had seen it all in my long career of over 10 years but I was truly mistaken. I deal with celebrities on a regular basis and never have I been impressed by anyone till I shared the stage with an enigma called ‘Shah Rukh Khan’.

Now you believe me when I say this. It’s not the Badshaah Khan or the King of B’wood I’m talking about. Yeah yeah... We all love the Raj in DDLJ and Rahul in KKHH. I mean who doesn’t.

But I tell you guys, this man is so much more than a mere actor. He is the definition of the word entertainer. I have never seen someone give so much of himself in any show and sabkuch entertainment ke naam pe!

Here is someone who probably is the most expensive brand in India but gives you the feeling that every penny invested in him is worth it! It is no wonder that today this dilliwalah without any filmy background is the most watched actor in the world and since his first role in Deewana, he has dominated the world of Indian cinema for the past 16 years.

I must say that in just a few minutes onstage I saw him wave his magic wand and literally transport us to the sets of a Bollywood film with all the drama, dance and romance that everyone was left screaming for more and he kept delivering one after the other. No attitude, no ego, no shor sharaaba, SRK is truly a legend.
I really feel that there is so much our Malayali stars have to learn from him. How to cater to the masses, how to play to the gallery, how to pataofy the very people who have made him a star!
Shah Rukh is not merely an actor.

He is a performer, an entertainer also a staunch believer. Honestly so, shamelessly so, that cinema is for entertainment...aur entertainment keliye saala kuch bhi karega!!!
The writer is a popular TV anchor

Comments