RA.ONE teaser redefines EXCITEMENT!!


23rd March had a different meaning this year, for Shah Rukh Khan Fans (which constitutes of half the world :-D). I woke up early in the morning for college and scrolled down on my twitter account (as I always do) and I was greeted by @iamsrk tweets (by shahrukh Khan). The smile I had on my face was of 1000W :-P (last time I was that happy was when I saw my picture in the newspaper) Shah Rukh Khan actually tweeted after months. SRK Fans worldwide were congratulating each other and the bigger gift that SRK gave us was he announced on twitter that the Ra.One first look (arguably the most anticipated film of this year, the other one being DON 2) is going to be out. What else do we die-hard SRK fans want?? We have been waiting for this since when (days, months and years :-D)!!
 I was late for college as usual and on way in metro kept on checking twitter on my Nokia X6 and saw the reactions to the Ra.One first trailer - Some said “Oh My God what did I just see..Is that Shah Rukh?” Some where like – “never before seen action stunts in Indian cinema” and I was like – “Should I take another metro back to home to catch the trailer?”  After classes got over, I rushed back home and switched on my computer, opened the link and finally caught the teaser – My reaction to the 10sec promo “Did I actually see that, isn’t it better than any super hero flick ever made” I called my 14 year brother to show it to him as he was very eager to see who the next superhero is and his reaction was “Didi, this is freaking awesome, move over Superman and Batman, G.One is here”.
I looked at him and I was like this film is gonna click big time with the kids (the target audience). Never before has a 10sec or 30sec teaser stirred a storm like Ra.One did. At least I am not aware of one. Websites, twitter, Facebook, newspapers, TV channels it was Ra.One everywhere. And why not?  A Shah Rukh Khan starrer after nearly 13 months! The fact that we fans could see a 30sec glimpse of Ra.One is more than anything for us. Fans like me played and replayed the teaser again and again to catch every glimpse of it. The mammoth train sequence, cars blowing up, and few stunts that we caught off, glimpse of Kareena Kapoor and in the end of the teaser, the hand reaching out to blu-eyed G.One and the 'Man in Blue' saying 'I am ON' left us asking for more! The VFX of what we saw in those 30 sec is just outstanding (Imagine what we will see in the film). I can’t think of a video which lasts 10 seconds becoming such a talking point before. Something like this has never been attempted before in Hindi films and Ra.One sure is going to set a benchmark! As SRK said, “It's an indigenously made film and it's made in VFX studios in India and is trying to create something which will change the genre of films.”
So mark 26th October (release date of Ra.One), on your calendar! There is action, stunts, never before seen VFX, Akon singing, SRK romancing Kareena and our Desi superheros - blu-eyed G.One fighting it out with Ra.One (Arjun Rampal’s look is yet to be released)!! The enthusiasm, thrill and anticipation with which people are waiting for Ra.One to hit theatres worldwide is never seen before! And it is evident after the huge response to the 30sec teaser. GOD knows what is going to happen once the promos are out!
Ra.One first teaser has redefined EXCITEMENT and EAGER WAIT for any film before.
So, how would you wait so long till October (26th October Ra.One releases in a theatre near you, catch it!)? Well, as a SRK fan for more than a decade now, I can swear on one thing that the wait will be absolutely worth it!!!!!

Thanks & Article written by Angana a ShahRukh Khan Fan

Comments