I think we all support the cause, says SRK about Anna Hazare

Asked about the protest at an event in Kollam, Kerala, SRK said : "I think we all support the cause. I think there should be no corruption in the country. None of us think that there should be corruption. I think this whole aspect is becoming so large and so big and there are so many aspects of it that we need to look at it seriously, quietly, step-backedly (sic) We just can't keep saying we support anti-corruption. All of us want to support anti-corruption. No one wants the country to be corrupt. Its the worst kind of stigma that one can have for the country. But this wonderful cause has so many aspects to it. How do we remove corruption. I think as an intelligent section of the society, we have to think about the implementation of it. What are the constitutional aspects of it. What are the parliamentarian process of the same. What is the practicality of the same, how is it going to happen. Unless we do that, we just keep talking about it, we just keep doing agitations"

Asked to comment on the protest taking centrestage, the actor said, "Yes. it is being brought to the forefront. That's fantastic. Anti- corruption is the desire of every Indian, the young and the old Now it has been brought to the forefront. Now its an aspect of discussion. We should think how to take the best out of it so that it does not die out. That's the second step. Everyone in the press, the public should say we don't want corruption.. think about how to avoid.it. I think that is more important. Whatever social responsibility I have, I do not have the intelligence or knowledge on how it should be implemented And if I speak about it i would be speaking out of turn. And I don't want to sound stupid.. Yes, it is a fantastic thing. But we should have some really good thinking people like ourselves following the social cause. We are with it. Absolutely, we all are."
Thanks- NDTV
~~Long Live Shahrukh Khan

Comments